Revised: December 13, 2019
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for this website, JenFriesArts.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website from visitors. It will explain the following about how your information is used here:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to prevent the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
1. Who is JenFriesArts.com?
JenFriesArts.com is the website of me, Jen Fries. I am an independent artist, writer, and designer. The purpose of this website is to allow visitors to keep up with my work, get insight into how I run my studio, ask me questions, and to buy one of my artworks, prints, or books if they like. I am the sole proprietor of my creative practice, and I do all the work myself. When you contact this website, you are talking directly to me.
2. Intended Audience 16 Years or Older
My work is directed towards a teen to adult audience. Content on this website is not intended for and not directed to children. Under US federal law (i.e. the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA Rule)), “child” is generally defined as anyone under the age of 13. However, for purposes of selling my work, I conform to the requirements of my payments processing service, PayPal.com, and further restrict my audience to persons 16 years or older. I do not knowingly collect information about children under the age of 16. If I obtain actual knowledge that I have collected information from a child under the age of 16, I will promptly delete it unless legally required to retain such data. Please contact me if you believe I have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from a child under the age of 16.
3. Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
3A. Personal Information Collected; Consent
Personally identifiable information may include but is not limited to: user names, follower and subscriber information, site comments, order and shipment information, contact form submissions, email addresses, and other information entered on the site or otherwise supplied to me by you.
Personally identifiable information may be collected from you in a variety ways, including but not limited to liking or following the website, clicking on links in the website, subscribing to the website or any related newsletters or projects, leaving comments, contacting me via email, and other means of contact as may occur from time to time.
I am the data manager of information collected by me through this website. I only collect and/or have access to information that you voluntarily give to me. I will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
I will collect personally identifying information from you only if you voluntarily supply such information to me. Voluntarily supplying your information will serve as affirmative consent for me to use the information for the purpose you supplied it. Once you have given such consent, you may revoke your consent at any time, although this may affect your ability to do certain things such as communicate with me or complete a transaction. You may refuse to supply personally identifying information, although this may affect your ability to engage with some website functions and activities.
3B. Orders, Subscriptions, and Payments
I use PayPal.com to process orders, subscriptions, and payments. To buy from me through PayPal.com, you must provide your contact information (such as name and shipping address) and financial information (such as credit card number, expiration date) when placing your order. This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If I have trouble processing an order, I will use this information to contact you.
3C. Non-Personal Information Collected
Non-personally identifiable information may be collected automatically when visitors interact with my website. Non-personally identifiable information may include but not be limited to: browser name, type of computer and technical information about visitor’s means of connection to my website, such as ISP and similar information. Control and management of non-personal information may be shared or split between me and third-party service providers. Please see Third-Party Services, below, for more information.
Please follow this link to the cookies policy of Automattic, parent company of WordPress.com, for more information: https://automattic.com/cookies/
Please follow this link to the cookies policy of Facebook for more information: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that I am not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. I encourage you to be aware when you leave my site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
3F. Third-Party Services
This website uses services provided by the following websites. You are encouraged to follow the links to these websites’ privacy policies to learn how they protect your information.
- Automattic.com sites: (not an exhaustive list) WordPress.com – web-hosting; Jetpack.com – site statistics and other functions; Akismet.com – spam filter.
- PayPal.com: processing purchases.
- Facebook.com: social media page for this website.
Facebook full data use policy: https://www.facebook.com/full_data_use_policy
3G. Statistical Information on Website and Social Media
I receive anonymous, aggregated statistics about visitors to my website and my social media via third-party services Facebook Insights and Jetpack.com. This helps me to understand how people are engaging with my content and to improve my content and website functions.
I have no control over the collection and processing of such statistical information. I use such information for the exclusive purpose of tracking and improving the performance of my website and social media outreach.
In accordance with applicable law, I am a co-manager of such statistical information with said third-party services. I will address any questions and concerns regarding information usage to the best of my ability. However, please be aware that some questions and concerns will be beyond my control and will be referred to the appropriate third-party service, as may be required under my service agreement with such party.
4. How I Use Your Information
I will use your information to:
- Respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted me, via email.
- Answer web comments.
- Fulfill orders, resolve problems or disputes, and provide customer service.
- Provide services you request and for which you provide your affirmative consent, such as by signing up for a subscription. Such consent may be revoked by you at any time by contacting me via the email address given on my website.
- As necessary to comply with a legal obligation, such as applicable tax and other regulations, a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
5. Information Sharing
I will not share the information you give me with anyone, except as follows:
- To fulfill your request, such as to fill an order via trusted shipping, payment, and other relevant services.
- As required to use the Third-Party Services listed above.
- As required by law, i.e. to respond to subpoena, court order, or governmental request; to enforce my agreements, terms, and policies; to prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activities, etc.
- You acknowledge and agree that information voluntarily shared publicly by you, such as comments, likes, and information about you that is displayed in connection with comments and likes, i.e. user names and avatars, is by definition available to the public.
6. Information Retention and Security
I will retain your information only as long as necessary to provide my services and conduct business as described herein, with the following exceptions:
- As required to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, subpoena, court order, or governmental request.
- As required to resolve disputes and enforce my agreements.
- As otherwise may be mutually agreed in writing between me and you, from time to time, for business purposes.
Personally identifiable data that is no longer needed will be deleted from my records within ninety (90) days of completion of its use.
Retained personally identifiable information will be stored securely as a digital and/or hard copy file offline.
I will always request, use, and retain only the minimum information needed to provide services and conduct business.
7. Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from me at any time by contacting me via the email address given on my website.
You may also do the following at any time by contacting me via the email address given on my website:
- See what data I have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data I have about you.
- Have me delete any data I have about you.
- Express any concern you have about my use of your data.
9. How To Contact Me
If you have any questions or concerns about how your information is being used by this website, please contact me via email at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send mail to:
Jen Fries, 145 Perkins St. #2, Somerville, MA, 02145 USA