This weekend, I started work on a set of small assemblages honoring the urban landscape of my city. I live and work in a somewhat formerly industrial area but still nature is to be found all around. These little diorama objects use gleanings from my urban nature walks and references to the places they are found. Here is a very tiny impression of the electric generating substation on the bank of the lower Mystic River estuary. It’s all of 1.5 inches high, cut from card stock. I have just started covering it with papier mache. The jar of feathers picked up on my walks will be part of the finished object.
Latest Blog Posts
- Post-event, post-holiday, now to refresh the studio for winter
- Progress on miniature buildings and Open Studios 2017, coming up this weekend
- Happy Halloween and a patch of very sincere pumpkins
- Nature walks, art under glass, a view of the Mystic
- In progress: Nature walks, industrial zones, getting ready for Open Studios
Articles and content from my old blog site can be found here.